Welcome to the blog of Melanie McDonald ! I'm a professional artist, my life is divided between my home in Newquay, Cornwall and my renovation project - an 18th Century farm - in North Brittany, France. My inspiration comes from the beautiful beaches, skies and seas of Cornwall, Brittany and Scotland. This is where I share my paintings and photographs, I hope it inspires you.

June 19, 2012

My gallery by the beach ....

Wandering past a sad empty shop one Sunday afternoon, I saw a small scribbled note saying 'louer' .... Then in a puff of Gauloises, Monsieur Yannick turned up in a battered silver Hilux and we  had ourselves a deal ....
Et voilĂ !  (several tubs of white paint and lots of elbow grease later) ....a leisurely low-key gallery for the summer.
I've hung my favourite originals .... On the Shore and Life is Good (right) ....
and .... Surfer, Shadow, Surge of Water the long one (left) ....
and .... Surfer Off The Lip (you can order a print from PBTeen of Pottery Barn)
There's even an upstairs with hidden rooms and quirky corners for more paintings. Surfer Hibiscus Dream II (left).On Your Shore (top) and Only the Ocean (bottom).
As we talked the stars came out ... (left) Surfer Hibiscus Dream I (right) and Surfer Porthole (bottom) ....
Surfer and shells (left) Sun Kissed Sea (right) ....
Surfer, Red Beach .....
and Golden Surf .... 
It's a great little spot right next to Pors Ar Villec (Locquirec) surfing beach .... come down for a chat, if you get the chance xx

55 Rue De L'Eglise, Locquirec, Brittany.

Join the chat with me on Twitter
Say hello on Facebook
Pin me on Pinterest
Follow my pictures on Tumblr  





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...